Best Practices in Private Practice (Ethics)
08/04/2022 from 1 -4:00 pm
Presented by: CJ Potter
In Person in MONTGOMERY : 10547 Montgomery Rd., Suite 700 Cincinnati, OH 45242
Training also presented through Zoom as an online Webinar.
This training will be LIVE (requiring participation) which means it will count as in person for CEUs. You will receive an email with the link to join prior to the training start time.
To avoid entering into a dual relationship, we are currently unable to host any current or past clients in our trainings. If you are currently, or have ever been in the past, a client of Mindfully (formerly Compass Point) you will be unable to register for our trainings. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Purpose: Keeping abreast of new guidelines can feel overwhelming at times which can lead to clinicians developing drift from their core ethics over time. It is our goal to empower clinicians to understand the boards rules and abide by them in their daily work. We will also look at best practice as it relates to complying with major insurance panels and their expectations.
Method: This course will employ the use of training videos, lecture, and discussion. There will be plenty of time for questions and the trainees are happy to tailor this training as participants see helpful.
Audience: Licensed mental health professionals. Nurses can receive reciprocal CEUs. CEUs are approved for Social Workers, Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists CEUs (RCS030903) and Chemical Dependency CEUs. CE Broker tracking number: 50-2404
Skill Level: Introductory
This training is designed to help participants:
- Be able to explain where and how to access the state board’s rules and updates
- Discuss with competence the expectations of the board and be able to defend their importance
- Be able to explain where and how to access the rules and updates of insurance companies
- Critique the role of major insurance companies and be able to explain the benefits and restrictions associated with contracting
- Apply problem solving techniques to be able to overcome any related fears or struggles with following the studied rules and expectations
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist Laws and Rules Manual
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist website and videos
- Humana Provider Manual
- Cigna Provider Manual
- Anthem Provider Manual
- United Health Care/Optum Provider Manual
- Mohan, A. (2003). Private practice: A survival guide for mental health professionals entering private practice. Ventura, CA: Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences
- Stout, C. E., & Grand, L. C. (2005). Getting started in private practice the complete guide to building your mental health practice. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley
- Dasenbrook, N. C. (2013). The complete guide to private practice for licensed mental health professionals. Rockford, IL: Dasenbrook Consulting.
This training is approved for counselor, social work, and marriage and family therapy continuing education. In addition, it is approved by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Board for chemical dependency continuing education. Check CE Broker for detailed breakdown of CE types (provider number 50-24074)!